Thread: Nonsense
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2015, 11:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvdb64
You create your own reality. or you can fake it while living in a different reality. However you think of it, it will always catch up with you. If being spiritual is not who you are then why bother. Perhaps just being fake is what pleases you, then, well, whatever floats your boat mate. Some of us actually develop certain skills and abilities, to help us pick up on people that are sincere vs fake people.

I hope your reality works out for you in whatever form or shape you create it.
Good luck with that.

It's not real; it's an act, and here's why.

You start the post with a bunch of spiritual truisms so as to establish a kind of consensus which fortifies the power position, and then, assign the negative 'fake' to me so as to diminish my position. Immediately following that is the dismissive 'whatever floats your boat, mate', rendering me irrelevant. Following that it's 'us (meaning you)who have skills and abilities that pick up on fake' which is intended to reassert your position while validating the previous assertion that diminishes mine. It concludes with an insincere gesture which is presented as nice, 'I hope your 'reality' works out' and then 'good luck with that, mate', but those platitudes are entirely incongruent with the overall tone of the post.

Your actual meaning wouldn't sound spiritual so it had to be dressed up in nonsense, said things that aren't meant literally and dangled a couple of spiritual phrases off it, so no worries - you still look pretty spiritual and I get the message anyway. Worked out beautifully.

I told you this stuff works.