View Single Post
Old 31-03-2017, 04:00 PM
Master
Time may not heal trauma but working on the cause of your trauma does help to alleviate it. I’ve had a lot of trauma in my life as well; Vietnam and going blind for 5-years was just the tip of it. I have done a lot of work on myself, and continue to work on myself; self-help and self-management, sometimes with the help of a professional, slowly filled in the holes in my life. Everything in our existence is based on touch and it is important for us to get in touch with ourselves. The sensation of touch is feeling and the largest organ in the human body is the skin, which transmits the sensation of touch from the outside, but we can also feel and be in touch with our inner state of being.

Spiritual development, meditation, journaling, and reflective thought on my issues, especially from my childhood, helped me when I applied what I had discovered. The spiritual journey, especially doing quiet meditation on a daily basis, takes our attention into ourselves and we encounter all that we have stuffed down in ourselves. But in quiet meditation we grow, or become aware of, our inner light, and that light fills in the torn areas and strains which we may have in our being. In meditation going deep inside we come across all that we have stuffed inside ourselves, all that we have hid from or grapple with.

At age 70 it has taken me most of my life, working on myself from a young age, to get to where I am today, and as I stated I am still doing the “Great Work.” The Great Work of humanity is the work of self-transformation, it is the work each individual must embark on, and lots of people don‘t want to do the work. They make up excuses, etc. Because doing the work means I have to face those things which I may have hid from; like pain, shame, or intense feelings which crop up every now and then.

After awhile we may come to realize that in the spiritual journey all I have to do is let go and spirit will do the work for me; but most people do not know how to let go. They hold on to their pain like it was valuable to them. I went into the mental health profession so that I could get some tools to help work on my own mental and emotional issues, and along the way I was able to help others, and I learned a great deal from my patients; they did more for me than I did for them.

Healing is possible if a person persists. If necessary there are natural healing methods to assist in the process. A person has to do their own research and write things down; write down their feelings and thoughts so that they can get them out and on paper to later review; look at remedies that address causes and not just symptoms. People should know themselves better than anyone else and part of knowing your self is knowing what works for you and what does not work for you.

There is so much out there today that is useful in healing your self; and no one has tried everything, but people do give up on themselves. Good and bad are not as irrelevant as how do you feel and what do you do when unpleasant feelings come up. Everything which we do is based on feelings, and some may say that they don’t feel anything but all that means is that they feel something which they call “nothing.” We should take an interest in ourselves enough to make working on ourselves a life-long endeavor. Believe me, I have had my portion of hell, and I didn’t like it. Trauma is nothing more than an alteration in your own energy and it takes study and research to understand this; that is research on your self; you should research you.

Unconditional love; like what we have deep within us, heals all wounds, so the bottom line for me is that I have to allow myself to be loved, and that starts with learning to love myself. Because we do things to ourselves that if someone else were to do to us we would want to call the police and have them arrested. We beat ourselves up and then blame it on “the world,” or someone else. People, generally, do not want to take responsibility for their lives; but when you are in the presence of spirit your responsibility is minimal and you just sit back and enjoy the ride. Many of us have never consciously been in the presence of spirit and don't know what is meant by that but if you constantly do inner work, energy work, on your self eventually that presence is revealed.