View Single Post
Old 18-05-2012, 02:46 PM
antiquerose

I have never actually done readings or anything like that myself, but I think doing readings is a great idea, especially if they're free lol. And if it's what you think will make you happy, then go for it!

Of course, as someone mentioned before on this thread, you don't always have to do them for free as there's nothing wrong with asking for a little something for your services once you get really good at doing readings and whatnot. But once you do learn how to them relatively well and you want to start asking for money, I would suggest always giving new customers/clients one or two completely free readings before charging them, just so they know that they can trust you and that you know what you're doing.

I always hate trying to find someone who will do a reading for me and they won't even offer me just one free reading (with no strings attached and no question limit or time limit) so that I know I can trust them and know that they really know what they're doing and feel like they're really listening to me and my concerns and thoroughly translating what the "reading" has to say for me and giving the best advice possible. So that when I come back the next time and actually pay for the next reading, I can make sure that my money is well spent. That's really all I ask. But most people who do readings refuse to do even just one for free, and even when they say that they'll do it for free, what they really mean is that they'll do it for free for only 5 or 10 minutes, and then if the session lasts longer than that, then they start charging you for every minute over that limit. It's frustrating. I've never had a reading done before because I just don't want to waste my money if the person really doesn't know what they're doing and they're just trying to scam me. I'm not trying to sound skeptical because I do believe that there are people with gifts and/or people that are well trained in fields like this and know what they're doing, but I also know that there are also people who only pretend to have gifts and/or know what they're doing.

But anyway, do it if it makes you happy and don't feel bad to ask for something in return once you know what you're doing, but maybe try to keep what I said in mind....or not...you don't really have to I suppose lol...And perhaps I'll give one of your readings a try here soon! :)