View Single Post
Old 20-08-2016, 06:15 AM
Master
160 views. No blues cats. I think time has gone by and people are not discerning in this age. Thing are now 'good' because someone likes it, ad not 'good' because its the truth. Look at meditation for example, just bliss and all that stuff people want, and not the lived journey of overcoming the obstacles. Like where the blues came from... they were called 'sorrow songs' and to listen one could hear the pain of life, the destitute bondage of slavery, and within that something deep in the spirit, something more evenn that hope - it resonates with an honesty, a dignity of a spirit that can ot be broken, and with that strength, this fundamental invincibility, that deep yearning for freedom which transcends hope altogether.

But no, I don't care about it. Just put on the stuff that 'we like', and as far as I've seen on what is presented as popular on TV, people like what they're told to like, and they are thankful for all that wobbling booty.

If you understand music, you KNOW where it came from, how it evolved, and you like stuff because it's good, which has absolutely nothing to do with personal preference. It's good because it's the soul speaking in the language of emotion. This is something machines now fake so well it's almost believable, but a keen ear can still tell, these are not conscious entities expressing in the moment, but things that sound exactly the same with robotic repetition.

Before you accuse me, I'm telling you strait: I'm a shameless, opinionated, arrogant, stuck up know-it-all when it comes to music. And I damn well earned that privilege. You have no idea how deep in I went, how true to life I have been, so I'm now saying, 160 views and no blues cats leads me to terrible judgments...

At least try to understand that what people like is menial. I don't care what I like and don't like. I like a lot of drivel, myself, but at least I know the difference.

I hope you feel outraged by my arrogant display, at least you feel something, and not just some dancy flicker of excitement like a Beatlemanic schoolgirl, but something like fire, something more destructive, something that wants to break these pathetic barriers of respectibility, to scream at me and call me names. Oh I know people want to, yes, it's seething so close to the surface I can smell it. That where its at, because one side of this soul is held in the devils claw, and the other is reaching for God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MCHI23FTP8

covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OET8SVAGELA

Standing in the ruins of another black mans life
Or flying through the valley
Separating day and night
I am am Death
Cried the vulture
For the people of the light
Caron brought his raft
From the sea that sails on souls
And I saw the scavenger departing