View Single Post
Old 15-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Enlightener

Cinammon Concentration

I can't really add to any of this advice here so I'll just tell you how I got over my depression.
I was going through a very depressing stage in my life, and that depression was actually part of my psychotic episode.
My spiritual enlightenment came at the same time *** my psychosis so it was kind of a new life for me. After I came out of hospital I was still depressed for a number of months but it slowly started to fade, I got into a tafe course and started to create works of art. I then honed in on my musical and cinematic interests and slowly started to forget my depressing mentality.
Fast forward to now and I am consistently joyful, I always think positively, as much as I can, and at times I am almost not able to contain my inner joy.

And now even when I am depressed I am internally joyful.

I will tell you something which I think may be valuable to you.
Knowing leads to experience, thus if you know that you are depressed you will feel depressed, on the otherhand, if you know you are joyful you will feel that way.
Also, the fastest way to experience any state is just to be. Just BE happy. Hapopy at anything. SMILE and just be happy because you are smiling and you are able to be joyful, you can smile because your heart knows a secret, a secret which not many know, the secret is that you are the essence of joy, you are love, physicalized. Be thankful about this and happy too, as you know that this life is only a simulation, it is a game, it is a reality, yes, but it is not Ultimate Reality, that lies elsewhere and everywhere.
The man who wonders why he can't seem to shake his depression is missing a vital tool of life. That tool is the tool of BEING. Just be happy and you will feel happy. BEING IS THE PATH TO KNOWING WHICH IS THE PATH TO EXPERIENCE, and what you experience you feel, in your soul. For feeling are the language of the soul. I know I just repeated myself, but repetition is what makes you remember things and how you learn.

Hope this helps XXX

Enlightener

Last edited by Enlightener : 15-09-2006 at 11:50 AM.