View Single Post
Old 28-09-2019, 03:45 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Have you ever asked a guy out on a date? If you feel unapproachable then maybe do the approaching.

Nothing. Like anything, its what you make of it.

Actually I have...that's where I've gotten, "you are great, wonderful, sweet, kind, cute, but I like you as a friend, little sister, don't want things to get awkward" speech.

I've even asked girl and guy friends (who are all married) to play match maker for me and they either say, 1) they don't know anyone, 2) everyone they know is married, 3) guys they know aren't 'good enough' for me.

It's really gotten to the point it's not even funny anymore.

I've done the church thing as well. However, my church only has parties and dances for a certain age limit of 55 and older, divorced and/or widowed and since I don't match the criteria, I am not allowed to attend the dances.

My former church had a singles group but it got disband because it had more couples in the group than singles; 1) the couples didn't meet in the group, and 2) the couples basically was using it as a way to make friends rather than as a support group for singles...the singles had nothing in common with the couples and vice versa.