View Single Post
Old 29-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntrepidExplorer
I like to think the Crow came to me for a reason other than to eat my food. After all, s/he didn't take it from me.

I'm sorry was this some giant mutant crow with huge talons & even some teeth for it to "take" your food? Cause typically crows are smallish mid-sized birds. So unless it flew right at your head, scaring you into dropping your food, there's very little a real crow can do to "take" food while you are holding it. If you were distracted sure, but you weren't. Now I bet had you set that food down the entire thing or part of it would have suddenly become airborne.

As Makoiyi said members of Corvus family are incredibly intelligent; I'd say more intelligent than a number of dog breeds even. They are also incredibly resourceful; more so than some humans I'd say. Watch some of the videos or read the studies to get a jest of just how brilliant these birds are. I believe the only one that beats them is the New Zealand kea [a parrot].

I agree with Makoiyi, it was after your food. If you hadn't had food then one could say the interaction was a different story.