View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 03:22 AM
Pathfinder

Angel1 Feeling Completely Present

Hi all, first new thread for me, hope it's in the right place. Anyway, I wanted to share an experience I had a year and a half ago which I've been trying to duplicate ever since with no luck and wondering if anyone has had the same experience.

I've read this book on being present Tolle. And I would say, to me, what I felt then was probably the closest to being completely present as is described by the author in a way that I understand.

Anyway, this is my experience. I was reclining on the couch when I felt a heavy feeling on my chest. I then felt emotions of depression, sadness, pain that seemed to come from nowhere. I recall feeling anxious and just overall weird, with unease. I couldn't understand it as the heavy feeling and emotions just didn't tally with whatever was happening at that time.

I asked myself, where these emotions were coming from cos I wasn't upset, I wasn't depressed, I was none of those emotions at that time. I recalled the book, and then I said to myself "maybe that's not me" (as in these feelings and emotions that was entering my body, maybe they didn't belong to me..if that makes sense??)

Somehow that catchphrase must've worked. The heavy feeling slowly seemed to be lifted off me, I felt light, the emotions slowly left my body. For the next 2 hours ish, I felt ...well, I'll try to describe it the best way I know how...hopefully not too corny

I felt light, my heart felt at peace, open, joyous, completely present, completely ZEN, like nothing can touch me, nothing can bother me. The world and everything in it was as it is, as it should be and everything was OK. There was a floating feel. (hope I can say this) its like if you were ever stoned with the use of substance but without the substance. It was just calm, everything seemed to slow down but yet didn't. Everything was more sharp, sounds, noises, actions.

In the next 2 hours I continued feeling like this and it felt really great. I didn't do anything special or anything, proceeded to prepare dinner with my partner. But everything felt like really really great. Chopping food felt deliberate and an end to itself, cooking was good, eating felt good. ( I hope I don't sound too nuts)

Long story short, it was a really good experience which I've been trying to duplicate again and haven't been able to so far. Ive tried that catchphrase also but the resonance is gone.

I wonder if anyone get's what I had experienced? I don't recall doing anything particularly different or special that day, it was just a normal day for me... so yeah...anyone??