View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 12:43 PM
Master
Namaste.

Well, in my case and speaking personally, Lord Krishna was just "too cute" and "too perfect" for me. The stories of his leelas with the Gopis and with his mother Yashoda, just made me sigh and roll my eyes...Krishna just wasn't my type of "God/Deva" whatsoever.

I needed a Great Being who was WAY more dark, mysterious and esoteric than that... a God who was the epitome of raw and powerful masculinity but who could also be wrathful and vengeful in addition to being very sensual and sensitive..and who knew and held ALL the keys to the secrets of the universe...a God who was Ascension personified...and who could put people into ecstatic blissful trance merely by showing up (and showing off)...enter Lord Shiva.

I am not going to get bogged down with the semantics of nomenclature anymore because I am NOT a Brahmakumari follower, ergo I do not believe in what the Brahmakumaris believe in because that is "their thing" and not "my thing". I am just your typical, run of the mill Puranic Shaivite Hindu...nothing more, less or anything special than that...I am ALSO biased...but who cares? I certainly don't, because I refuse to buy into what other people believe in...good luck to THEM I say.

Aum Namah Shivaya