Thread: Deer Season!!!!
View Single Post
Old 14-10-2018, 02:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Lucky 1 - I would like to know the answer to that myself. I live in an area that backs up to the woods. We have white tail deer in our yard every day. I love those critters as much as I love the birds that eat the bird seed and drink from the bird bath. I want to understand deer hunting because I don't. Actually, the only thing I do understand is there is an over population of deer and many end up causing car accidents or starving over winter. I have witnessed this because I see the deer surround the house in the winter searching for any morsel of food or a plant they can eat. It's sad to see how thin they get in the winter.

But even so, I think it's justifiable if someone hunts if they are going to process the meat to eat. But shooting deer just for the sport of it to get a head with horns for a mantle, that I don't understand.

I watched the movie "Powder" once about a young man with supernatural powers that had the ability to feel what other's feel. He approached a deer that had been shot and he touched the deer as it lie there in pain, suffering and dying. It was an eye-opening moment for me.
personally I do not believe in sport hunting. It's a waste of a life. I am sure an animal does hurt for a short time just as a human would. But when it comes to my time to go I would want it as quickly as possible. In hospitals when people are sick, aged, or whatever. There at times can die a slow death. Luckily we have morphine. Lol. Wild animals don't have that either. A lot of people think wild animals are defenseless. There not! There far from dumb as well. Animals like a moose, elk, wild pigs can easily kill a human. A deer can severely hurt a human. There hearing, and sense of smell witch is a lot better than humans are there best lines of defense because there naturally afraid of humans. We'll until a wild animal see a human as a food source. When a animal starts seeing people as a food source most of animals natural defenses go away and they can become dangerous and or a easy target. I hear all the about animal attacks in wildlife parks. The main cause is people feeding them. Just because your a vegetarian or feed the animals doesn't mean a buffalo or bear would try an attack you if you get in there way or you won't feed them.