View Single Post
Old 17-04-2020, 08:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
Hi Greenslade,

I have empathy and then i don't.

I commiserate with those at the bottom of the ladder and those that struggle,but humans in general,nah i don't.

I have more empathy for animals.

As for slow and steady wins the race,it was just an analogy on healing.

Loving others,i keep at arms length,love is more to living life how i want to and freedomly express.

I may seem more on myself,but what else do i have when i've been my own worst enemy.
Howdo Ant

Empathy is also about your relationship with yourself, so if that's a bit flaky your empathy won't be so far behind. Not having empathy with people but having empathy with animals can tell you something though, and that will help your healing. Often empathy with yourself is the best kind of empathy you can have.

I guess now the real Journey for you is going from your own worst enemy to your own best friend, and that takes a huge amount of courage. It takes a huge paradigm shift in perceptions because not only do you have to drop judgement, for instance, you also have to put how you perceive yourself now into a completely different perspective and context. A large part of the healing process is not healing what happened, but healing your perceptions of what happened and how it came to that.

You do what you feel you have to do, because when you have somewhere stable to put your feet you have a better relationship with what's 'out there'.