View Single Post
Old 16-03-2019, 06:18 PM
Master
Reexamine the paradigm that I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
All,

While watching TV a while ago, I came upon this absolutely fascinating commercial, that utterly captured my imagination.

It is a visual metaphor for how anything, when viewed one way, can seem to appear to not make any sense whatsoever, until one encounters what is called, "The Unlock"., or the "moments when it suddenly "clicks" into a perspective that makes absolute sense.

I found 3 obvious "clicks" in this visual metaphor, while watching it, as you will also be delighted to see, as well (in the reference below).

However, I just unlocked a 4th "click", a moment before I decided to post this to you.

The 4th "click" is....during the moments the camera (of attention) moves between the clarity of the "resolved" images....the apparent uncertainty is absolutely indispensable. Why??

Because without continuing the movement through uncertainty, there are no moments of clarity.

See them for yourself. I would enjoy hearing about how this visual metaphor unlocks any such "clicks" in your own perspectives as "it moves through" the Garden of You.

Reference: https://youtu.be/JRznI-ZQ-vE

An important "Unlock" just clicked into place for me: Reexamine the paradigm that I Am.

....which was catalyzed by my watching the visual metaphor referenced in the video above. It demonstrates how the picture(s) you recognize "outside" only unlock when they match what you've been taught as making sense to you "inside".

The "Unlock" that "clicked" for me today is the realization that changing the paradigm of ideas about who I Am, changes the appearance of what makes sense.

The urge to reexamine the "paradigm of I Am" came from considering a few historical instances preceding great changes in individual and collective understanding of "what makes sense":

Imagine the first indigenous inhabitants who "had no vocabulary to make sense of the experience" represented by the presence of Columbus' long ships appearing off the shore of the Caribbean isles.....shores these original inhabitants had themselves traveled in their own canoes, living comfortably within the only "paradigm of I Am" they'd taught themselves.

Imagine the first time Henry Ford changed the nation's "paradigm of I Am" by showing engineers who, though educated, "had no vocabulary to make sense of the experience" of mass producing automobiles by using an assembly line to do so, instead of stubbornly living within a well-established idea to assemble each automobile one by one?

Imagine the surprise exhibited by those who saw, for the first time, that the "time of day" could be established using a device called a "sun-dial"? BTW: how many moons had to pass before that method of "telling time" became commonplace "in its time"? Then imagine the surprise experienced by long-established manufacturers of watches touting the mechanical superiority of "Swiss-movement", being usurped by upstart "paradigm"-changers whose time-pieces relied on the precision of quartz, instead!

Other examples of changing the "paradigm of I Am" include considering that the the truth about the "reach" of our very understanding of REALITY is that each and every advancement has come about AFTER WE DISCOVERED WHAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN TRUE, AND WAITING FOR US TO DISCOVER IT....

...even when the tightly held ideas WE THOUGHT WERE TRUE were REALLY based on false information and dogma, WHICH virtually everyone believed, transmitted, and acted upon AS IF TRUE .....that is, until others, following their OWN ideas came along, who had quantifiable, repeatable, verifiable evidence based on a DIFFERENT set of ideas that turned the paradigm of established scientific or religious consensus on its head !!

Can there be any truer indictment of the history of mankind’s exploration and discovery of both scientific and religious Truth than to acknowledge that it is replete with examples of this or that scientist or religious prelate pontificating that this or that phenomena is impossible ???

If you understand that the words "limitations" and "grasp" are simply metaphors for "beliefs", then it becomes transparently obvious that transcending "limitations" and exceeding "grasp" is really an exercise in PERCEIVING REALITY IN ITS TRUE DIMENSIONS.....AND APPLYING THE UNDERSTANDING THEREFROM ACCORDINGLY.

Do the Heavens still rotate around the Earth? Not after Copernicus, Kepler, and Galileo. Are time and space separate from one another? Not after Einstein. Did you get your vaccines this year? Thanks to Pasteur you did. Is the Earth still flat? Ask Ericsson, Columbus or Magellan for the answer. Do you have to study your science homework or read the scriptures of whatever faith you profess in the dark? Not after a little help from Gutenberg and Edison. You can readily see the impact of individuals with their OWN ideas helping other individuals change THEIR ideas about these things, which eventually results in the civilization changing, right?

The "belief" in limitation must then be seen to be SELF-IMPOSED......and if self-imposed.......IT MUST BE SELF-REMOVED !!

Which brings me to where I am today, reexamining the paradigm of I Am that I've accepted as true all my life, and especially what needs to be SELF-REMOVED!!

....continued in the next post, in the Garden of You!
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 17-03-2019 at 01:54 AM.