View Single Post
Old 15-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara_Joy
(...)It is deciding that you deserve to pursue happiness, and that you deserve the forgiveness you give to others. At least that is what it has meant to me.
The reason I say this is to encourage you not to get bummed out if you don't necessarily know if you love yourself. Concentrating on that is just a negative circle you will get pulled into of wondering why you don't love yourself and hating yourself for it.

Why not just assume that you do love yourself? Same difference and level of assumption, ya know?

I totally agree. Besides, there's gotta be something you love doing. Dancing? Sports? Studying? Arts? Travel? Find something that you can accomplish and that makes you happy and go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazulu
What does "loving yourself" have to do with finding a sexually satisfying relationship? There are billions of people who hate themselves who still manage to find someone to sleep with.

Well, if you hate yourself you can find a sexually satisfying relationship, but you'll have trouble having a happy life. From what I understood, he's prioritizing having a happy life instead of getting laid.

When you are happy with yourself, a person will come who is drawn to your happiness. If you are not happy with yourself and put into someone else's hand the key to your happiness, that's not a very solid base for a relationship. It puts a lot of pressure on that person and ultimately we are responsible for our own happiness... always!