View Single Post
Old 15-12-2017, 11:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by atma_re
My experience has shown me that everyone we meet and even every problem we face can be a teacher by bringing our "stuff" to our attention by triggering us. Does this mean that we don't always have to be in harmony with our teachers? I feel like that requires a lot of self-mastery from the student to know what does and doesn't suit them of the teachings and stay true to themselves.
Everyone and everything one encounters is a potential 'stimulus' - which can 'stimulate' one to 'learn' (i.e. discover, know, understand) more than we did, either about the 'stimulator' or about 'ourselves' (by pondering our 'responses) or both, that is more than we did before 'receiving' such stimulus.

That says something about ourselves - in this case about the fact that 'Intelligence' is an attribute of all Life.

The 'stimulator' in such case basically only functions as an 'incident'al agent which activates said innate Intelligence.

The word 'teacher' generally means one who deliberately, and hopefully skillfully, presents one with and 'education'al stimulus - sometimes including 'constructive criticism' and 'coaching' - that is especially suited to the interests and aptitudes of a (would-be) 'student' or 'learner'.