View Single Post
Old 22-10-2018, 11:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I hear this a lot! People saying that meditation, sadhana and spiritual work on oneself is being totally selfish and self-centred because the person is not helping anybody else by doing that...completely forgetting/avoiding the fact that unless they can help themselves, they will be of absolutely no use to another whatsoever!...then, I just have to keep reminding myself mentally over and over that this is Kali Yuga and every prediction made by the scriptures thousands of years ago is finally coming to fruition before my very eyes...so why should I be shocked, when all of these 'false judgments' are merely symptomatic of Kali Yuga.

Regarding helping from afar during meditation, I have a book given to me years ago by a Sri Lankan Buddhist friend. It's called "The Buddha and His Teachings" and is the same book that they use at the local Burmese Buddhist monastery except that mine is in English for obvious reasons.

There is a chapter on the Buddha's "daily routine". It says that the Buddha attains the Ecstasy of Great Compassion each morning from 5 to 6 AM.

"At this early hour He surveys the whole world with His Buddha-Eye to see whether He could be of service to any. The virtuous and those that need His help appear vivid before Him though they may live at a remote distance. Out of compassion for them, he goes of His own accord and renders necessary spiritual assistance."

The book does not elaborate on how this is done.

P.S. With this response, I am also addressing Kioma's question.