View Single Post
Old 22-04-2012, 02:53 AM
Master
My grandpa had the uncanny ability to foresee the future, even his. My mom, siblings and I were visiting him in 1985. My dad stayed home at the time. Grandpa gave me a small talk and said that my dad is a good man. He said that unfortunately, they won't be able to see each other any more. I thought my grandpa was being strange. A year later, I had the oddest dream.

The dream was in black and white. I normally dream in colors. A woman with hair tied up in a bun floated down to my garden and yanked my beloved rose plant that was devoid of life. I told her she can't do that. She told me it was time and she can. She plucked the rose plant and flew back in the sky. I woke up to the sound of the phone ringing. My mom said she had something to tell me. I said I know. Grandpa's dead. I don't know how I dedeuced that from the dream but I just knew.

My uncle was diagnosed with inoperable stomach cancer. The doctors said he can have 6 months or more. My uncle told his younger brother, my dad, that he has 2 weeks to live. My uncle was right. I remember seeing my uncle in the hospital when he was very sick and he seemed at peace.

I don't have that many experiences. Just 2 more instances of dreaming about the inevitable death of 2 of my beloved pets. And my last one was dreaming of death of someone very close to me but it was a warning. Something that was preventable, and given back to me.

How is it possible for people to tell when they are going to die? I wonder if this type of knowledge helps us prepare for the inevitable.