Thread: Cryptocurrency
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 04:34 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Question Bitcoing Forking Software and Russia's Involment to Kill Some Forks

I'm late to this topic, so perhaps reposting previous stuff. I do recall seeing something on TV of a Russian hacker paid to kill some venture and now something that Russia was against they now wan to embrace. Not sure what I saw on tv was related to the Bitcoin and the below. r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Like much of spirituality, it's a faith-based idea.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/17/b...p.html?mcubz=0

..."Mr. Hearn{Bitcoin founder } says he thinks that getting the opposing camps{ forking bitcoin software } together will now be very difficult.

...He believes that the dangers of the current impasse have not been reflected in the price of Bitcoin because the full debate has been censored in many of the online forums where Bitcoin is discussed.

...Despite the discord, Mr. Hearn has not lost faith in all of the ideas behind Bitcoin.

...The start-up in New York where he has taken a job, R3, is developing Bitcoin-like networks for banks to enable cheaper and faster ways to trade assets of all sorts.

...The start-up aims to take advantage of the less-centralized record-keeping methods of Bitcoin, but still allow for someone to be in charge, to handle the software and to manage access to the system.

...This work lacks the purity of Bitcoin, but after months of sleepless nights, fretting about betrayed promises, he said, “I want to be in a professional environment again where people are grounded in some sort of business reality.”...

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman