Quote:
Originally Posted by Elyious
I believe we are just a drop in the ocean
&
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Souls are unique to the individual

Okay, this is what I believe too.
But some describe it as if we all were literally one – in so far as that the thing that makes my conscious experience is the same thing that makes yours or anyone else’s conscious experience. How can I refute this assertions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
We each have our own soul but we are all one in the fact that we all come from spirit.and we all go back to spirit.
So then we are not actually ONE but rather the individual parts of ONE.
Like the parts of a car are not one but they together make up one car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
We have both[: we have our own soul and we all have one soul in common
In what way?
And what do you understand by a soul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
If you're looking for something to make more sense of this, try Gestalt Reality because there you'll find God explained. If that doesn't suit you, try the Sacred Geometry of the Vesica Pisces as a basis for the Buddhist Egg of Life and the Tree of Life - with a dash of fractal geometry thrown in for good measure if you like. In the mood for something far more simple? In Africa they have the phrase "Ubuntu", which means "I am because we are." That's the 'seed'.
I do not think much of any other approach than logic and inner and outer observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
What are the reasons I believe the Soul is an energetic structure that can exist independently of form?
I would be grateful if would use a more universal terminology. What is “form”??
The term "form" is normally understood synonym to the term "structure".
So why should I think that the “soul [as] an energetic structure exists independently of form” since form = structure?

If you refer with form to our perception of matter the answer is:
It’s highly plausible that the soul can exist independent of matter because I found evidence that there is reincarnation. If there is reincarnation there necessarily has to be something that outlasts our biological body (=matter/form). The thing that outlasts (and therefore exists independently of) our biological body is what I call soul.