View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 09:52 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by open2it
I am in the same boat as you to a point but I will not let myself totally blimp out. I once weighed 250 and that meant if I didn't do something then I had to find a scale that could weigh my eventually fatter self.

I am an emotional eater, I eat when I am bored, I think of eating when I am not hungry. I often wonder is this hunger really an unsatisfied hunger for something else besides food but food is used to satisfy myself?

Years ago when I got to 250 I said if I don't do something then I will end up like some friends that weighed around 300. I was not going to allow myself to pig out like that. So I said have at it. I only ate once a day between 4 and 5 P.M and other than that it was no calorie drinks or water. I didn't eat starches, breads, or much dairy. I would spend maybe half hour exercising such as running in place, sit ups, pushups, jumping jacks, squat thrusts and other simple exercises. I hate exercising. In about two months I had gotten down to 195 lbs. A year later I did it again and got that 195 down to 162 lbs.

A couple years ago I saw my reflection in a door glass and I thought dude you are one fatso again, I weighed 235LBS. and my 38 waist pants were getting real tight. I was not about to go to 40 waist pants.

I went on a diet very similar to a Keto diet. I made all my own meals and snacks. Absolutely no sugar except natural sugars in the food itself. I was eating about every three hours but the portions were about hand size. I was never hungry or felt hungry. I ate no breads or dairy products. I read food labels and if it had high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavoring it went back on the shelf. I repeat I was never hungry because I was eating about every three hours. I was NOT doing any exercising at all.

The weight started coming off really quick. People started asking was I sick that I was losing so much weight. They said I needed to buy some clothes that fit then. In about 2 months I went from 235 down to 182. I was actually able to get into size 34 w pants I hadn't worn in ten years.

Yeah it's real easy to go off the wagon and back with the sugar and starches especially around the holidays. I had held around 190 for a few years and then OOPS back on the sugar and sweets. I am now around 220 because of that and I will again starting the 1st of the year get the fat off again by getting off the sugars.

My greatest motivator to lose weight is seeing super lardo people and not wanting to look like them. Well that and my man boobs and preg looking gut.

No matter what we want we have to have a line drawn and a motivator or forget about it. After smoking 2-3 packs a day I finally had to decide did I want to die due to passing out from coughing or did I want to live by just giving up cigarettes. I smoked for another year but didn't inhale. When I finally did quit I had basically no withdraws because I didn't have squat of nicotine in my body since I didn't inhale for so long. That was 8 years ago and I have no desire to smoke to this day.

We can do practically anything we want if we want it bad enough. A guy once asked me how was me and my friend. Yep when I carry enough body mass around for more than one person I often feel like someone is crammed under my skin with me.

Starving ourselves doesn't work but eating smaller portions and cutting out the sugars does work. If all we do is cut out the added sugars and sugar substitutes we will see the fat disappear. Try it for one month and I bet you will see a thinner you. Do it for two months and you will wonder where that friend went from under your skin. Eating or drinking anything that has other than natural food sugar is your dead end to losing fat. Sugar is just as addictive as any bad habit.
You can do it if you have had enough of what you hate. You don't hate yourself or your eating. You hate being fat and eating bad all the time to feed it.

hello!
thank you for this thorough reply and personal details. i truly appreciate the insight and thank you for giving me hope. im on vacation now and while im trying my best to control what i eat. the quality control every 3 hours is an excellent tip . hard to follow but i will . i hope my stomach shrinks back a bit because i can now eat larger portions. i used to be full eating a quarter of a sandwich now i can finish a whole one. the way your stomach stretches so quickly is dumbfounding. i hate it. haha
i screen shotted your answer for motivation. i have like 10 pounds i need to shed AND maintain. this diet that i want to do is a life style i want to follow.
i wish i can ditch carbs and sugars.
white bread pasta POTATOES chocolate cakes and icecreams. but at the same time if i go cold turkey i will binge eat them eventually so i might allow myself a cake once in a while perhaps.i really wish you good luck on your journey. think of it this way.
u did it once. im sureee youll do it again