View Single Post
Old 17-06-2012, 01:16 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
You could though apply the same criteria to every prophet, saint, disincarnate and incarnate spiritual teacher, which would mean closing your heart and ears to wisdom and wise counsel, which wouldn't do much for your spiritual progression.

I suppose im a bit different in that i try not to accept others truth but rather search for it myself in my own experiences. This way of thinking makes it difficult for me to say that anyone has the truth to share but they may have clues that may lead me toward it. I dont see myself as a follower of anyones truth but more a leader of my own observations of truth. Did i put that the right way?

Quote:
It wouldn't be a good idea to give spiritual instruction to anyone unless you were sure it was correct.

That is a great point and i agree. For me the realisation of certain truth would have to be without a doubt 100% fact before i pass it off as a spiritual truth or spiritual law. For me its one thing to say "i believe we are here to advance the soul" and another to say " i know you are here to advance your soul".

Quote:
In any case, I don't see a vast gulf between my 'life is a school' statement and your life is 'like a school' statement.
That only leaves my statement that the purpose of life is 'to advance the soul'.
As a matter of interest, what do you say it is? To descend into hedonism. Or to learn, evolve and strive for a higher light. It really is a case of either or, no matter how you look at it.

Sorry if i put my observation of Chalk1990's statement in wording that implied to you that it was my own.

To answer your question i dont believe i have enough proof to make any claim to knowing the truth of the meaning of life. If you consider the way that i approach truth as i shared above it may be fair to say that i will not reach that conclusion while i am living on this earth. When i pass over and if i am standing before a panel of higher beings reviewing my life and can be shown proof that i actually asked someone to abuse me, then i may feel that the theory holds sometoward others theories but please dont take that as me judging your observation of truth its just that i am very skeptical unless the experience is my own.

Ill share a story to help you see me for me.

For around 5 years i attended either a group or a school each week in person to learnt about spirituality. The accumulation of what i had learnt led me to believe in life purpose/soul advancement etc. I signed up to a diploma course which led to setting up a business that was proposed by the teacher of our group. I sold my harley davidson (my baby) and invested the $9k in to the course, advertising, media access to the training etc. Toward the last few weeks of my course i felt uneasy about who the beliefs that we were passing on that could affect people that tend to look at the darker aspects of the teachings. This led to me looking in to the business more deeply. i found that the teacher did not have permission from the founder of the system to use his name and his work as the basis of our teachings. My teacher said that she had his permission as she aquired it in meditation and i was evil for challenging her and the group. The daughter of the founder provided me with a copy of the founders last will and testament, which coincided with her claims that we could not use his name or link our work to his spiritual teachings. The daughter of the founder approached my teacher and threatened her with international law and the business came to an end.

Needless to say, two weeks from graduating i chose to forfeit my diploma and walked away with a few thousand business cards, brochures and less $9k. I did however walk away with a valuable lesson and should the day come that i have to face the founder in the etheric realms i can feel secure in the knowedge that i will be greeted with open arms.

Suffice to say that i learnt a very valuable lesson in putting too much stock in to others that claims to have the truth to share and sincerley hope this helps you to see me for who i am and how i got to my way of thinking today. I realise my view can be challenging to others though i feel it is healthy to challenge the way you think.

Its great for everyone to have their own beliefs but when some sign others up to their beliefs and impose their beliefs on to others as a spiritual truth it reminds of the lesson i learnt.

Maybe it is in the use words like "you do" or "you have" or "we all did" that is the difference betwen putting a theory forward to be considered as opposed to sharing it as a spiritual truth?