View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Pathfinder

Question Why did LA have such a huge spiritual/healing effect on me?

Hi all! I'm a girl from London, England with a chronic illness, a tired body and a very busy mind. I'm also very interested in spirituality and have been for many years.

Earlier this year I visited LA. Upon my arrival in California, my body was achey, tired, drained. My health had taken a knock during my time travelling other parts of America (New York, then Miami)... the minute I stepped out of my taxi in outer LA (LA County - Pasadena area) the air and the energy felt so CLEAR. I rested for a week or so before then staying with a friend in Topanga, then moving to Venice Beach for 2 months. All I can really say is that from my time in Topanga onwards, something magic happened. My physical state started to rapidly improve and by my final month I was in the best health I'd been in for years. The clutter of my subconcious mind seemed to just clear, and suddenly my dreams were ALL incredibly psychic, or symbolic, or in some way profound. Like a channel had cleared and opened for me. Many synchronistic things started to happen in my waking life. I felt strong physically and had more energy to hike etc than I'd had in a very long time.

Oddly, I had 3 dreams during this time of leaving LA and returning to London, and woke up from every one of them sobbing actual tears. This happened well before my departure was approaching. But when it finally did (as my visa had run out) I have honestly NEVER dreaded my return home so much. I've travelled many countries and taken many trips and I've never dreaded coming home like this, it caused me huge emotional grief and I couldn't accept it.

Since coming home in February, my health has been a constant struggle. The worst that it has been in years, very volatile, and I've been very drained and extremely unenthusiastic. My dreams, while always a big psychic tool for me, have been nowhere near as profound as they were back in LA, and my mind is full of clutter once again.

I just cannot help but wonder why of all the places I have visited on the planet, LA had this effect on me. Or perhaps it was California itself (I don't drive so I couldn't explore other areas)... what do you think?