View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 11:26 AM
Master
Hello Miss H, always nice to see you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
So stop complaining and do every thing I say.
Jawohl, mein Kommandant! :p
Quote:
Ha, my old friend...my prescription ...get every deep, tear jerker DVD you can ...turn the phone off...have a day alone
Also, subscribe somehow to every love song every sung....listen all day, my younger friend...
Um... you know I'm a dude, right? I jest, I jest - I've been listening to music a lot more just recently, actually, though it's more songs about the sorrow of isolation and disconnection ('Comfortably Numb' by Pink Floyd, for example). I know, I must sound like seconds of fun at a party but actually I find it very cathartic, whereas I'm not really 'feeling' love songs at the moment. You've inspired me, though, I'm going to rewatch 'Brief Encounter' later :) (Celia Johnson in particular gives such a wonderful, vulnerable performance).
Quote:
If you are a Gemini or with your Venus conflicted or in Gemini,
also ...your sunk!
Oh balls! :o
Quote:
Kidding...
Oh thank goodness!
Quote:
It takes WORK to open up that chakra!!!! (that comes so easily to others!)
Mm, certainly seems to the case for me, at any rate. I think the thing is that so many of us learn to armour our hearts in order to ensure that they don't get hurt (again), but the dark side of that is that you end up becoming desensitised - which is essentially what happened to me, I think, so my spiritual practice is geared towards resensitising myself. And there are myriad ways to go about that, I dare say, it's just a question of finding what works for you :)
Quote:
And yes, eating yin foods will help make you more sensitive!...Fruits and raw veggies...no meat,
cheese, alcohol and cigarettes.
Oh, but Miss H... cheese! 'They can take our lives, but they can never take our Stilton!' (I believe that's the more accurate translation of William Wallace's famous battle-cry, he was actually a giant cheese-fiend). No, no, I'm being silly - I'll bear that in mind, I'd never given much thought to the link between sensitivity and nutrition. I like to think my diet's pretty good (I get my five a day, eat plenty of whole grains, avoid saturated fats and stimulants, drink plenty of water), though I do allow myself the odd sugary treat. I'll have to look into yin foods, though :)
Quote:
**Also, volunteer at a Nursing Home...oh my God will your heart crack open holding a
wrinkled lonely hand listening to memories long gone..
I've considered volunteering in the past, my ultimate goal is to help people in some way or other - I don't feel that now is the right time for that but it might be something I'll do going forward.

Thanks again for the suggestions, Miss H, I hope you're well :)