View Single Post
Old 29-01-2019, 10:14 AM
Knower

How do we know that NDE are real and not brain fighting for survival (DMT) ?

Hey,

While I was surfing the web I encountered an article stating that "A DMT trip 'feels like dying' - and scientists now agree" (see BBC for source) . Stating that basically NDEs are brain hallucinations as it is trying to survive and is lacking oxygen. People who experienced DMT claimed similar feelings to NDEs such as "My body just didn't seem relevant any more" or that a Christian might see Jesus that says it is not their time, based on the subconscious, an atheist might not experience anything, and a person who misses his or her family might see some of them also based on the subconscious as it was induced. Seems that scientists are now skeptic about NDEs and Raymond Moody's work since they found this DMT effect.

This made me wonder, are NDEs really a byproduct of DMT ( N,N-Dimethyltryptamine, chemical in brain) kicking in as the brain is desperate for survival? What do you think? Are DMT and NDE related? How can we know that NDEs are real and not hallucinations of the brain, in the sense that they can prove an afterlife, another dimension, and not just a byproduct of DMT?