View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 12:50 AM
Master
Paranoid Hippie.

A suggestion that may help with taking care of your unwanted email problem with this individual is to first consider Lorelyn's suggestion where she suggests you filter the individual's emails into your spam box, not only this you can block them as well.

And further a suggestion of my own would be that if you would not like future unwanted emails, by any individual, you may wish to consider on forums to keep your email address in your profile listed under the private option, in this manner it should work that only the forum staff would then be able to contact you by email, as opposed to the general random forum populace. Or at least I think that is how it works.

Hey! If we want to be certain, I have my email set as private here if I remember quickly, if anyone wants to test this by all means.

Seriously though PH. I do not think this is a case too many extremes should be the first way to deal with this.

There is a more practical solution to this problem than running to the authorities- I am not saying your gut instincts are not correct- they very well could be, however Stalker I will agree is a strong term for unwanted emails that can be handled in a variety of ways.

A. Filter them to your spam box, it should only take one.
B. Then block them.
C. Stop showing your email addy to the general online public via forum use.

And D. Stop not only responding to these messages, but if you don't want to do any of the above, at least stop reading them.

Finally I feel the word Stalker is a strong word. That does not mean the individual is in the right, he isn't. He is harassing you via an online feature and anonymously.

Your feelings are valid.

However stalker is a strong term for me personally as it makes me worry about another human being greatly indeed, and possibly unnecessarily with my own stress, anxiety, and medical problems going on.

So while you may feel stressed from this person's emails, I have not heard that he has been anywhere near your house, but in your opening post your wording caused me extreme worry for you until you responded back, and I relaxed when I realized you are indeed for now physically okay. You had me very worried honey.

There are practical steps you can take to help you through this, and ease a lot of your anxiety. Please consider them.

All my very best to you.

Stay at peace, and take care of yourself.
And try and relax.