View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 10:27 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
First what is 'perfect', it's what one aspires for and each has different standards or perceptions of what is perfect.

I have come to realize perfection is a state of mind, and is a transient one for nothing ever remains perfect.

Reality is naturally flawed, if it was perfect then no one would make mistakes or have anything to learn. Is reality perfect by being flawed though?

I often see people say everything is perfect, and I cannot agree. We all learn whether we realize it or not in all that we do and say or think, and no ones thoughts or actions are perfect every time in their life.

I believe that reality (as in All That Is) is absolutely infinite. And I believe that this infinite reality is inherently complete and perfect. I believe that what we see around us is but an infinitesimally small portion of reality's infinite nature manifest in physical form. As such, what we see as imperfection is only due to our extremely finite perspective. It's like a puzzle piece that has a strange shape but fits perfectly into the larger picture. If you look at a mountain stream, at how it moves and flows and just exists in general, it looks chaotic and random. And yet physics tells us that such a stream is operating perfectly, according to its nature. I believe that all of reality is the same way, that it may look imperfect to us as human beings, but in the grand scheme of things not a single thing is or could be out of place. The imperfection we see is part of a much larger perfect reality. Any action to change our world for the better is also a part of that perfect reality. Both good and evil dance together endlessly against this perfect background. That is what I mean when I say perfect.