View Single Post
Old 24-02-2018, 05:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The real obstacle to me embarking upon the path of I AM is a lack of interest. The world is not nearly so interesting if it is only maya or unreal. A real world is far more interesting. Other people are not so interesting if they are only reflections of my own self or of my mind. God is not so interesting if He is only me!
A real world, real others, and a real God are far more interesting than what I AM has to offer.
I know I can have the best of both worlds and see things as being both myself and real at the same time.
Maya or illusionary worlds and people is pretty dull really. A real world and real "others" are of far more importance than just being my own reflection. God gains far more significance if He is greater than my own self.
In reference to this, the Hindu Vedas never said the world was Maya (illusion). The actual term used was Mithya, which simply means 'false perception' in that, everything we think of AS being 'real' or 'true' is not the ultimate truth, but this does not mean it is an illusion (Maya) either.

The whole interpretation from the original meaning and intention has been so skewed over the years that nobody really understands this anymore.

Yes, God is greater than your own self and always will be! What we are and what people see as the "I AM" is only that Divine spark of love that He instills within our being as the heart-soul.

To associate with "I AM" is like seeing the moon reflected in a pool of water and believing one has found the moon. We are the reflections of God and 'created in His (spiritual) image', but above and over all of that, God exists and the omnipotent and omnipresent nature of the Divine - without human limitation or restriction, means that it is also possible for Him to exist as a 'being' totally outside and independent from us.

I hope this makes you feel somewhat better about it.