View Single Post
Old 28-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Master
Fish 2/28/15 Day 3: Yogic-Taoist Combination Technique

Because Sri Vasudeva lives in the fullness of the consciousness, he is able to speak with authority about the 7 chakras that are our power tools in life - not the physical brain but the chakras, centers of energy and awareness, dimensions of being, that are responsibility for everything we do and experience.

Today's talk was an introduction to that but I will post a new thread in the Auras/Chakras section today about it and link to it HERE.

What excited me today was that in the guided meditation he incorporated a number of Yogic techniques with a Taoist neidan (inner alchemy) meditation technique called Microcosmic Orbit. You can google this and there is a UTube video out there by grandmaster Mantak Chia on how to do it using the power of breath and focus. It allows us to work on enlightenment and revitalizing the body at the same time. Sri Vasudeva is a very health conscious guru.

What he added was the yogic pranayama (breath control) technique of breathing in through the left/psychic/cooling nostril (the ida) while going down the front of the body during the orbit, and breathing out through the right/physical/heating nostril (the pingala) while going up the back of the body during the orbit.

For me this brought a whole new dimension of experience to the sitting meditation practice. I am already adding other yogic things to it like ujai breathing and root lock (pulling up the perineum in mula bandha), bringing the pranic/chi energy up and down the spine. So the combination of all these things makes for a very powerful meditation!

One tip: Definitely do this on an empty stomach!