View Single Post
Old 18-11-2017, 05:57 PM
Ascender

I tend to agree with Lorelyen here.

I'm all for finding happiness and fun in the current moment, however, if 5, 10 years from now I am still in the same place I will be disappointed. And I'm talking mostly in the physical/ circumstance sense. But the same could be said for spiritually. I hope to continue to grow and expand; I think this is the purpose of living this life.

AHB, I look at the difference between the me that started out, and the me now, as less of a disconnection, and more of an expansion. The difference is, I have grown and better understand life now (or at least I like to tell myself that).

Having a sense that you are already there (as stated in the original post), sounds a lot to me like the whole "fake it til you make it" philosophy. Which I think works and has some merit, however, I agree with Lorelyen, seems to contradict the rest of the post that you are already there.
I think it is perfectly ok to use this philosophy while you need to, to get to where you want to be... but if you stay in a state of contending that you are all that you can be... I think after a while, this just becomes stagnant and delusional. If I constantly said, I am everywhere and everything that I want to be, I think this is deluding myself, or accepting stagnation. But then, I think there is much delusion in a lot of New Age thinking, like saying that everything is positive, when clearly it is not.

As far as what the eternal "me" is... there's massive layers to what me is, it all depends on how far you want to go with it, and I may not and probably won't get it all down in this lifetime, however, that doesn't stop me from trying. The fact that I know I will not in this lifetime, understand it all, doesn't stop me from trying.