Thread: If you pray...
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
'Jesus said to them, "If you fast, you will give rise to sin for yourselves; and if you pray, you will be condemned.' This seems to go against other Christian teachings regarding praying, I am thinking.... is Jesus talking about our ' ego ' and not accepting things the way they are ?

what book did you get this verse from? because there NO book in the bible called Thomas. and that wouldn't have ben something Jesus would have said. considering he also "FAST " for 40days! (Matt. 4:1,2 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted there by the devil. For forty days and forty nights he fasted and became very hungry). Jesus NEVER sinned!

and it was Jesus who taught us how to pray, and WHO... to pray to! (Matt. 6:9 In this manner, therefore, pray: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name). which means by the way, to make your name "holy" or "sacred." if it's not from the bible, then it wasn't acknowledge from Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3), or Jesus. because it would be in total contradiction of what Jesus said.

on that note i won't even try to say what it suppose to have meant. since that's not what Jesus taught. also i would then be answering from my own belief and not by accurate understanding or knowledge, (Pro. 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding). which would be bad ,(Pro. 16:25 There is a way that seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death
). peace