Thread: Reality
View Single Post
Old 22-10-2017, 02:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Well, I prefer to keep it simple and to not have conversations about certain things because the potential for the conversation to become negative is great. If I do engage it's because I sense the potential for a rare experience is larger than usual. When I do engage I try not to talk about right or wrong, rather I just talk about what I've experienced and what I think. I feel talking about me is Ok and what I think about other peoples thinking, but I don't feel good talking for everyone or speaking in absolutes.

I think that there is good reason to have certain conversations but it's not in the general "i pat your back, you pat mine" kind of conversation. It's the clashing of two rams, two intellectual rams, and the collisions created is something where profound growth can take place. Over time I've learned the dangers of smashing heads and have learned who I should smash with and who I should have mercy on. (I have a hard head lol)

Can relate. At times it just is not worth the effort. End up with a sore head and hurt feelings. Having an open conversation and allowing each to disagree or agree does give more space for understanding and learning, IMO.

What comes to mind is; choose your battles carefully, if that is what is desired.
I don't look for battles though, more exchanges.

Yeah, to speak for others or assume, well, in my experience gets thrown back in my face. May generalize at times, but accept it is my view.

Which leads the thoughts back to reality and how each person I meet leaves a piece of his or hers for me to reflect on and/or becomes intertwined with in my own.
Which for me can make life that much more interesting.