View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 10:42 PM
Master
Fish Day 8 - observing the power of the mind to create its reality

Four days ago someone posted a pianist video on Facebook. It made me think, "Wow I haven't played piano in years, maybe I should start again." Later that day I got a reminder phone call from the piano tuner to schedule a tune up. Synchronicities like this remind me of my creative power in the play - and to be more mindful of what I give attention to, because it tends to manifest in my life faster the older I get.

Today's talk focused on the power of the witness, that part of us that watches while another part of us acts. This talk was about mindful perception - seeing things without judgment, without fear, without identification - like a baby... yet knowing "this is not my absolute reality".

I used to have lucid dreams - when I would become aware that I was dreaming while still in the dream. That's when I was able to play in the dream without fear, creating things that manifested instantly. I think the lucid dream is meant to show us what is possible to perceive even in ordinary "waking" reality.

The power for speeded up synchronicity comes through knowing it is a play and we are only actors.

In meditation practice it is truly tempting for me to get caught up in the ideas that come up - insights come, the mind is itching to play with them... And then as soon as I allow that to happen, the desires come and the emotions and soon enough I have lost the meditation and I'm just fantasizing and stuck in the astral dimension....again...a world of thought forms...patterns of light and darkness, ephemeral reality, not the real, not absolute truth.

Homework: To center myself in the reality that never changes, to become anchored there, so that it is safe to come out and play.