View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
There's a direct contradiction between free will and the intervention of God, but contradictions are common in scriptures.

The real folly in the population expansion is that ecological destruction makes the earth less able to sustain life, so as the current trends continue, Population sustainability is decreasing while the population expands.

hello gem. allow me to parse your statements, please.
firstly, as to contradictions, i suggest that "God's Will" is free will; to behave contrary to that will is to be behaving as if a slave.
if and when we "intervene" [on our own behaviors] in accordance with divine will, then we have true freedom.
the problem(s), as i see it, are not with our individual actions, but rather with our collective mentality. the common mindsets assert
thought patterns onto us which are not conducive to the health of ourselves nor our planet. when we can free ourselves from the
slave mentality which we have allowed ourselves to be controlled by, we can bring about positive changes on this world.
who believes that having billions of brethren, building ever larger parking lots, and constant fighting over space and resources is a good thing?
virtually no individual does... it is macro problem involving the collective conscious.

secondly, your "the real folly..." statement seems off-point to me. "folly" is a term used to describe faulty logic (i believe);
but it seems that you're suggesting this is an error of mother nature somehow... i disagree.

i apologize for being a discordant voice is this thread. no offense(s) are intended.