View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSoulx
Yes, but what I'm getting at is our consumerist society is ultimately responsible for causing this problem in the first place. On the other hand, refusing to try and prevent crimes and suicides, refusing to help people with their problems is only callous and not necessarily taking advantage of anyone. I can see things like war and murder helping to solve the problem, but these people should not be allowed to be rewarded for their crimes. Instead, we should execute them as well to further solve the problem. It also prevents the risk of having erotic criminals continue to contribute to the problem whilst only appearing to be assisting it. This way we can reduce the population with maximum efficiency without intruding on individual liberties.

xSoulx - I agree that it is a consumerist society that drives the madness. Care, concern, empathy, help - those are all things that are needed to both solve major problems in the world without leading with materialistic drives. I probably should not give my opinion on what to do with criminals, but I do understand the mindset you present. The victim is more likely to pay the price of crimes than criminals and we don't have enough room in prisons to house people to term. Criminals being released back into society, some could say deserve a second chance, but often the criminal is forced back into a life of crime because they can't make an honest go of it in society. People then become paranoid that they will become the next victim. I live not far from a major city that has daily shootings. Neighborhoods live in constant fear. But I digress. I think I started another thread in the Philosophical section a while back that addressed that.

Blackraven