View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 11:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
Yet another example of the 7:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0GL24c_plU
Thought that video was very good as it gave an insight into Native American Spirituality, and perhaps also how “non-natives stealing native spirituality” started.

Quote:
Taught by grandfather:
The 7 Sacred Laws have acted as a foundation of our way of life and connection to the Spirit and to the Land.
Here it also becomes apparent (to me anyways) that indeed – Native American Spirituality is NO “shamanism”.

The differences:
Very early on in my childhood, my grandmother had no commandments/laws/virtues to teach me - hence no achievements/merits either.

She belonged to that old generation of ‘simpletons from the forests’ who naturally had no ego, but only lived in connections to everything.

So instead of verbal teachings – she would *shift* my awareness into silence and stillness – into what I call Nondual “One Spirit”.
That *awareness shift* into “One Spirit” IS unconditional love, THAT JUST IS, without there being a giver nor a receiver to it.
And because the *shift* was both of us, yet neither of us, how could we claim ‘merit points’ for it - for ourselves.

Also, because that *awareness shift* is not a concept, nor does it have form – I just could not understand for the life of me - how Spirituality could possibly be stolen.

But I kind of get it a bit now how these 7 Laws with specific Animal Wisdoms attached to them coupled with ceremonial forms would attract New Age ‘wannabees’ and create the phenomena of “Plastic Shamans”.