View Single Post
Old 20-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieCotton
I only have one happy memory of the "between", and that came in a dream, when I was a teenager. In it, there was a group of souls gathered in an area that looked something like a campground. There was a circle of fallen logs, being used as benches. The souls, or entities wore brightly colored robes. Mine was royal blue. Actually, the whole thing was in technicolor! I knew that I was late for the class, and hurried along, trying to hold up my robe, which was slightly too long. I heard a voice of authority say, "Where is my little prophet Elija? She is always late!". I woke up, bemused, as my family was Christian, and they would have considered it to be heresy to dream that I was a prophet called "Elija". I wasn't "The" Elija. I just happened to have the same name! So, I told no one, but I remembered. Because of this dream experience, I think my part of Heaven includes beautiful surroundings, and study. I think we get the Heaven that we expect. That's why Jesus said, "In my Father's house there are many mansions". Tolkien, who was a devout Catholic, wrote this description for Rivendell - "a perfect house, whether you like food, or sleep, or story-telling or singing, or just sitting and thinking best, or a pleasant mixture of them all. Merely to be there was a cure for weariness, fear, and sadness." Because of my dream, that is how I think of heaven, and I hope Tolkien is there, enjoying it all, and I get to listen to his stories.

I loved reading this too! Thanks for sharing!