View Single Post
Old 18-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC

But apart from that, could you clarify why your father gets frustrated when you discuss a transfer? Have you asked him outright why he doesn't want to move? Does he have strong reasons for wanting to stay? Friends, clubs, or such like? Have you researched whether he could follow his interests in the "new" area you want to live in?

Maybe an extended, heart-to-heart discussion between the three of you could help. His conflicting view could be hindering your desire, albeit subconsciously. So try to listen to each other's views and reach a consensus. The LOA needs a background of love and gratitude, not just wanting something.

Warmest best wishes to you!

I think probably the biggest reasons are that he doesn't want to lose his retirement stuff from his company, and that his mothers health is not good at all (she lives a few hours from us). And he's afraid of change.

Any kind of heart-to-heart, "listening to each other's views" conversation with him is generally impossible. He's generally very difficult to talk to in any depth. He gets frustrated too easily, and doesn't like when someone else's opinions conflict with his. He likes to argue, I think. He's not violent or anything like that, of course, just really hard to talk to. Very touchy, I suppose.

I do know that he wants to move, as he's mentioned it before, but apparently has a lot of internal struggles with it or osmething. I really don't know. As far as I know, he's not very spiritual like my mom and I are, though the things he says sometimes surprise us.