View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 07:40 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerena
That's possible. I have had it happen with other songs actually. I've gotten used to it, but I always wondered what I was dealing with. At one point I thought it might be hallucinations. However, medication didn't block them out, so that gave me reason to believe it was something else.

I'm not sure when songs started doing this for me. I was pretty young, but I was at least 13. I find that sometimes I have to sit in complete silence to recharge my toleration level for sounds. It's fascinating that I have to do this, because I didn't have to do this when I was younger. In fact, when I was younger, I used to listen to music at horrid levels of loudness. My parents would have to tell me to turn it down and eventually I started to agree with them as my ears started to become more sensitive to what I listening to.

That's what I thought! I thought I was hallucinating; I was also on medication when it started. After becoming obsessed with listening over and over, trying to figure out what all I was being told by these voices, I had no choice but to cut music out of my life for awhile. I used to listen to my iPod every day; now, I go months sometimes without using it. And like you said, I have a very low tolerance for loud noises now. Don't freak out too much about it; the voice is proof that you are in touch with your spiritual side. Maybe not listen to music as much or, like wolfgaze said, try some instrumental music sometimes.