View Single Post
Old 27-01-2019, 12:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
You know nothing apparently even though I sent you a link to an article regarding corn in another thread.

Caramel coloring, ascetic acid, artificial flavorings, ascorbic acid, calcium citrate, calcium fumarate, calcium gluconate, calcium lactate, calcium magnesium acetate, calcium stearate, microcrystaline cellulose, citric acid, confectioners sugar, brown sugarcrystalline dextrose, crystalline frutose, dextrose, ethanol, flavorings, fructose, glucosamine, glycerin, hydrolyzed vegetable protein are common ingredients on the back of labels. Actually that is about a third of the ingredients included in any canned or processed food. Meats are acid washed with a horrible conglomeration of chemicals which also includes corn, all cleaning products contain corn, all medications contain corn, hair products, face products, lotions all contain corn. Oh and lets not forget regular table salt.

Okay, lets see, I looked up chicken broth. Swansons is a popular brand. It's a liquid that comes in a box. I have highlighted the corny ingredients: CHICKEN STOCK, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF: SALT, YEAST EXTRACT (questionable), WATER, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, FLAVORING, CHICKEN FAT**, DEHYDRATED CHICKEN BROTH.

I'd end up in the hospital if I consumed this product.

Of course, it is a packaged brand so it's full of strange things, and if a dietitian is prescribing that sort of food - worst dietitian in the universe!

Quote:
I've had doctors who know nothing about my food allergies.

Yea, medical doctors have a basic food knowledge, but they are not trained in nutrition... they are professional in human body illnesses, maladies and medical drugs, but they are not diet professionals!

Quote:
They prescribe this and that. Tests where I have to swallow corny ingredients to do the test. Medications that I don't even bother to fill because they use corn starch as a binding agent in all pills and corn syrup in liquid medications. Over the counter aids such as decongestants, pain medication, stomach aids, all have corn in them.

Yea. It is everywhere, and between wheat and corn, that just about all packaged food.

Quote:
Those of us who have severe allergies are our own best advocate.

A proper professional who knows what they are doing knows full well that you are your best advocate. They will only be a knowlegable professional support who you consult, and they will only inform you and suggest workable options - they DO NOT get to tell you what to do.

Quote:
Do you think a hospital would hire a dietitian that was not qualified?

They might be a registered professional, but there are terrible people in every profession, and the one you got is obviously pretty bad (but it sounds like the whole hospital food situation is terrible, so maybe it was a good dietitian working in a terrible situation).

Quote:
A hospital? And yes, broth and jello are on the standard list of a clear liquid diet foods. Everywhere here in the United States will prescribe jello in a clear liquid diet.

That's disgraceful! Instant packaged broth and jello! They're insane!

Quote:
There are a handful of dietitians in the whole state of Colorado and dietitians too that are knowledgeable about what is actually in our food because they are not taught to read labels.

The fact that you did not know there were corn ingredients in broth, any kind of broth, tells me you don't real labels, thus you don't even know what you are eating.

I know there is corn in processed rubbish of all kinds, and I know they call it 'chicken broth', but it isn't chicken broth at all. It's just an imitation of chicken broth.

I would never suggest to anyone to eat the rubbish food processing companies put in branded packages. I always read labels, but almost everything I eat is single ingredient whole food, so the label will only have 1 or 2 ingredients on it.

I just happened to buy chicken soup yesterday. At the moment it is chicken thigh fillets, onion, potato, sweet potato, parsnip, swede and baby spinach. All fresh, whole, single ingredient foods. No boxes or packets at all. My salt is iodinised sea salt, and plain black pepper. The broth water from that... different story altogether.