View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 03:08 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
There are examples of yogis who after their body had aged considerably, take on a younger body , usually of a young person who had died recently.

Prabhakara Siddha Yogi is a famous yogi in southern India who lived through centuries in this manner. He shed his old body and took on a younger one.

I also remember a case in India where a funeral pyre of a young person's body was about to take place through cremation. When the fire was about to be applied, an old man shouted not to burn the body and walked swiftly to the place, to everyone's surprise. A moment later, the old man dropped dead while the young man's corpse got up , shocking all the people, and ran away from the funeral pyre. Bewildered, the people over there cremated the old man's body instead. I think this is recorded in Swami Rama's book, "Living with the Himalayan masters. "
Very interesting story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Science at this point of time, have not come to this state of understanding , and hence many erroneously believe that consciousness comes to existence with the brain. The brain is but an instrument for consciousness for the supreme purpose of flowering or enlightenment and thus liberate itself from the bondage of gross matter through elimination of karma.
Agreed, except for that last part about bondage. It seems improbable to me that gross matter has the desire and ability to imprison consciousness.