Thread: I saw a fairy.
View Single Post
Old 17-10-2006, 09:17 AM
~Jay~

I also found this a while ago, when I went on a mad studying frenzy regarding the faeries, LOL!

http://www.faeriecraft.co.uk/

Faerie is a general term and is interchangeable with elf in all it's variants, as a name to describe all the beings who dwell in Faerie Land. The faeries are known to be divided into four distinct groups, which are:

Enchanters And Enchantresses, sometimes known as Tempters and Temptresses and in modern times, I have renamed them as faerie priests and priestesses. These are human beings who are aligned to the faerie race by way of their destiny. Faerie ambassadors in the human world, who are bestowed with psychic or empathic gifts from the faeries. They are believed to rest in Faerie Land after their death and in life they are sensitive, creative people who invariably learn the arts of magic at sometime during their lives.

Creatures And Demons, are also thought to be aligned to the faerie race and some have a magical connection to faeries. This includes a wide spectrum of beasts including unicorns, centaurs, trolls, The Loch Ness Monster, urchins and dragons. These creatures display characteristics, ranging from the innately spiritual, beautiful and benevolent, to the downright nasty.

The Elemental Faeries; the spirits of nature which dwell in every living thing and habitat upon the earth. These are namely; the sylphs of air, the undines of water, the salamanders of fire and the gnomes of the earth.

The FaerieOr Elfin People, these are a race of magical beings who dwell in subterraneous mounds, rocks or faerie islands that are shrouded from view under water. They are said to be invisible and silent most of the time, unless they choose otherwise. They live in organised societies governed by kings and queens, presiding in faerie courts. The faerie race is divided into two types of fey; the Trooping Faeries, who are the aristocracy, so-called because they travel in processional form and are believed to be descendants of ancient, demoted pagan gods. Solitary faeries are of a more wild nature than their Trooping cousins and are the peasantry beings of Faerie Land.