View Single Post
Old 22-06-2018, 04:03 AM
Master
Hi Northern Seeker,
It has been said that Shamanism is applied Animism, so as Skogsdotter said - it is a huge subject matter to discuss.
(And with Shamanism I mean the historical, traditional and cultural spirituality of Ural-Altaic peoples).

Animism (from Latin anima "soul, life") is the awareness that natural phenomena, including animals, plants, even inanimate objects, possess spiritual essence.

Since I identify Shamen with Non-Dual Awakening to the Source Essence and shamanic ‘power’ with the Spirit one receives during the shamanic initiation/empowerment (i.e. Shamanic ‘Death’ Experience) this Spirit then acts as a kind of go-between - between the Shaman and the Source Power.

How to express this “Shamanic hocus-pocus" to the modern Western mind.
Just recently, I came across this video, which to my mind introduces/expresses the Source concept very well as a “Unified Field” and the “Hidden Sector World” acting as a conduit or assistance in interfacing with the Unified Field – is an idea which could be likened to the Shaman’s Source Power Spirit Helper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqdcdky9wR4

The animistic worldview is the result of that awakening (into the ‘Unified Field’ if you like), when one realizes All is One (or None rather).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skogsdotter
Is soul same as consciousness?

But anyway. I do believe everything has a soul, or how could I phrase it "folk" / "might". Its something I learned as a child so I dont analyze it much, it just is. On the other hand I also do believe, (or should I say know there is,) in fair folk so it is kind of intertwining (something that has always been, so I dont analyze that too much either).
With "folk" / "might" words do you mean ‘styrka, kraft, magt’ qualities of a Shaman when he or she is able to summon his/her "folk" / "might" - what in Finnic, we call “Väki”?

In Mongolian terms I trust - the personal psychic power is called Hiimori.
I had already mentioned this in one of my posts that if the Thunderbird initiates/empowers you to become a Shaman and the Holy Spirit (like Holy Ghost) comes upon you – you now have the Spirit Animal – Hiimori - as an extra soul that acts like a Guardian Spirit, Teacher-Guide and Protection for the Shaman. (Hiimori is the go-between – between the Source Power and the Shaman).

In Shamanistic/Animistic worldview ‘Spirit’ is sensed as energy vibration or as auric radiance, and everything in nature has “Väki” - everything has Guardian Spirit Power.
Skogsdotter, when you find a Sacred Site in Nature – would you say that the Site has a strong felt "folk" / "might" (“väki”) feeling i.e. the Guardian Spirit Power presence?
Are we talking about the same or similar thing?
(“Väki” or "folk" / "might"? - as dynamic strength, power or force.
Space, air, earth, water, fire are endowed with their own “Väki” and “Väki” is communicated to us through Guardian Spirits.
Something like that).

Australian Aboriginal Spirituality is not Siberian Shamanism, but time and time again I find overlapping ‘concepts’:
Quote:
Aboriginal spirituality is the belief that all objects are living and share the same soul or spirit that Aboriginals share.
—Eddie Kneebone, Aboriginal Reconciliation campaigner and painter

This is a very fundamental statement about Aboriginal spirituality. It implies that besides animals and plants even rocks have a soul.
https://www.creativespirits.info/abo...l-spirituality

Northern Seeker,
Quote:
* I’m assuming here that we might never truly know what it means to be an ant, or a bat, or whether a fern has any kind of consciousness.
I would disagree here, though I am not too sure how to express this. When you experience the energy or the auric radiance of a tree (within yourself) – you will know its ‘heart’.
Whenever you experience something Non-Dually (through the recognition of the same Spirit Essence) it will communicate its nature to you ……………

Last edited by sentient : 22-06-2018 at 07:56 AM.