View Single Post
Old 18-05-2017, 02:23 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanmugam
organic born, thanks for sharing your points...
What I see here is an interesting dichotomy. When I first read your post it appeared that you were focused on a personal awakening and then looking for scientific ways of explaining it. This has long been my involvement with spirituality, so I was curious to see your response. The direction that Carnate is entertaining is indeed interesting and fun in an investigative way and has been one that I've personally explored as well for some time. But, at it's core, that's not what will lead to an awakening. When exploring in that way, we are placing our attention "out there", as though the "answer" is "out there" to be found.

While an awakening doesn't involve any of that. The seeking-of-knowledge involves a continual shifting of "perspective". While our own awakening involves our deepening experience of "presence". Within this experience of presence we'll find that "knowledge" is optional. We also find that knowledge is dependent on the context being explored, while our immersion in presence is forever adaptable and immediate. It takes a busy mind for the former and a quiet mind for the later. The former is interesting while the later is ever deepening and profound.

Both approaches are highly relevant when it comes to our physical experience, so the two can be seen as a team and cooperative. It's just that our current culture is almost strictly focused on knowledge as the primary, at the expense of a deep appreciation of the very "I" that's doing the thinking.