View Single Post
Old 24-11-2016, 08:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
It is an illusion to think we have a choice, even though we choose.

In a universe or existence where only pure consciousness exists and I am somehow part of that, even though it has no 'parts' because it is whole within itself...where is this individuality let alone any individual will?

If we are to assume that everything exists in a non-dual state, then free-will falls in the realms of duality in that we either 'choose God' or 'choose ignorance' and while that may appear to be the case on the surface, the 'choice' isn't there anyway - it doesn't exist.

I wonder if an all powerful, omnipresent Deity would not create a circumstance without knowing how it was going to turn out...how the story was going to end...if past. present and future occurred simultaneously...

When we surrender our will, was it ever really separate from divine will? It's only our minds, our thoughts which makes it so.

I think according to the teacher Ramesh Balsekar, there was up to date conditioning and no free will, but this conditioning we have sometimes makes us believe in an ignorant way that we have a choice over events in a free will type of way. So the apparent phenomena of choice is real up to a point ? In certain schools they seperate reality into 'relative' and absolute for various reasons i suppose. Food for thought anyways.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge