View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 06:45 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
After reading this post, I am going to get in my little flying saucer and go to the rez again.

Well I learned a lot about the star people in my native traditions.

The thunderbeings (like thunder bird) are believed to come from the stars. Belief in ETs is super ancient and still lives on in native culture, at least first nations culture around here.

If you ever listen to any of the old stories from story tellers and medicine people, you'll see the beings that are sometimes referred to as animals are actually referred to as people. For example, Raven is not referred to as a bird, he is literally referred to as a man, paddling a canoe across the ocean, where he defeats "Bear Man" or "Spider Woman" among others, and there is lots of mention of where they all originally came from, which is from the stars, and their original tribe/phratry/bloodline comes from the stars on another planet, before they came down to earth to teach humans many things including the medicine path, and in some stories they either leave to go back to the stars or go under or somewhere near the ocean somewhere that no one knows.
Basically, Raven is not actually a raven, he simply comes from the Raven Phratry, raven is his family crest and he is orginally an ET being who looks very much like we do, who is capable of shapeshifting and magic.
Raven in native culture was also known as Osiris in egyptian culture, and he is identicle to other mythological characters in other ancient legends.

Sirian and Pleadian are all new age terms, but both of these ET's were notoriously known in native culture, long before new agers made them popular.
My native elders knew about the BLUE skinnned ET's that new agers call Pleadians for a long time, they have always been helpful to us over the years, not to mention our "sirian" ancestors.

At least in my native culture, we believe that everything has a spirit, rocks, trees, animals and even life on other planets, and we say ALL OUR RELATIONS because we realize that we are all related, literally and ET's are us in a way, and that's where the medicine practices come from. For example, the diety known as white calf buffalo woman to buffalo nation, is also said to have come from the stars.