View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 03:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
I recently picked up a chunk of black tourmaline after reading about its ability to absorb negative energies and that it can help with sleep. I'm a lifelong insomniac. I also read you should cleanse it "often" because of the energy absorption but I'm curious as to how you would interpret that. how often is often enough to continue to benefit from its presence next to my bed? daily? weekly? bi-weekly? I haven't cleansed it yet and it's been about a week and I'm sleeping alright but I also woke up still angry about something I went to sleep angry about last night so maybe that's a sign that it's not absorbing my negative energy as well as it could be? or maybe my rage is just too strong for it, haha.

Hi rainbow.

You've had it a week? Personally and if you are alright with it, I'd leave it a bit longer and give it more time to do what it is doing. I'd suggest 4 weeks and then give it its first cleanse/ purification.

Also factor in how you do plan to cleanse it- most that I have come across whom like as I do working with crystals and stones- tend to use water.

There are some stones this will melt, destroy when cleansed this way such as example- fluorite.

Tourmaline will not be destroyed upon instant placement into water- Still this does not mean one should use water does it?

If you decide to cleanse with water spread the cleansing out for longer periods of time. Constant bathing in water- contrary to popular belief, is not exactly good for the stone whether dis-solvable or not.

Another thing to possibly consider for you, would be relax. Cleanse it when you get the call to cleanse it- dry dust it if you have it out and displayed with a cloth, and take daily cleaning care of it in the form of giving it a dust. As for spiritual cleansing, it will let you know when it is time to be cleansed.

As far as cleansing without water- there are definitely ways of doing this consider cleansing a stone isn't a physical cleaning concern, but a spiritual concern. There are ways therefore of cleansing the energy without the use of water, which is more geared for physicality- water too has its spiritual purpose and symbolism but is not something I feel would be best used spiritually in conjunction with natural crystal- which is physically does not necessarily have a natural affinity to water even though people will tell you to use water.

If you are interested in hearing more about ways to cleanse without water let me know here or in pm, and I will be happy to help you.

But it is your choice, and if you would prefer use water. Well it is your choice.

Now that the spiritual cleansing part of your post is addressed, I will say. I agree very much with what Lynn has said.

Her point is very valid and was exactly what I was going to say to you while I was reading your post, and then I read Lynn's and noticed not to my surprise actually that she has already said it.

I agree. The stone is not going to absorb the very negativity you need to be working on. We each are here experiencing life and living to do just that- to work to better ourselves, and learn the lessons we need to. They will not all be easy lessons. So no I do not feel the stone is going to absorb every bad feeling and thought you have that you put out around you. The stone knows these are emotions of your own, that you own and are responsible for, and the stone is going to let you learn to deal with it. It is not going to insta cure your own issues, and it isn't going to do all the work to get rid of your own negative feelings. You are going to have to have a role in overcoming your own shadow side. You are to be the one who will have to face it. This is what mature, responsible, and enlightened people come both to do and realize. The tough times make us stronger.

The stone will however be there to help you transform your own negative energy into Protection, and something productive. It may help you work through it when you sit and meditate with and on the stone. But it will not insta leech and clear every negative feeling you feel, nor every negative thought you have.

It is your guide and teacher as any other thing can be in this your life experience.

It will help to guide you.

What it will not do, is do all the work for you.

Yes black stones can help to absorb energy that is negative in the environment- but if this anger is something you need to work through???

The black tourmaline by spiritual law will let you learn your lessons.

And may even magnify them, the longer you refuse to look at them.

I agree with what Lynn said, there are no shortcuts.

All that though stated, Please do enjoy your tourmaline!

What a true blessing, to be able to either afford, be given or to have found this stone.

You're lucky.

Not everyone gets to enjoy such pleasures and beauty in their environment.

And there is another thing that may help you through your current difficulties- perhaps a perspective change- perhaps consider to keep in mind your blessings as well. Perhaps they will help to shed light to the anger, and hopefully to change it for the better.

Warm regards.