View Single Post
Old 27-05-2018, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator
Okay Torgo, so most of the vegan/veggie stuff doesn't suit you? Well the way I see it, so long as you are eating good wholesome plain home cooked food with veggies that do suit you, and staying away from yeasts and sugar you will be good.
But there is lots of hidden sugar in foods like pizza for instance. Can you imagine why sugar has to be in pizza?? No neither can I. I can't imagine why sugar has to be in non-sweet things anyway.
It's one thing to eat sugar when you know you are doing that and accept it....but in savoury food? Weird.

So stick to simple home cooking, even if you eat meat and fish. I don't think there would be any problem regarding yeast with meat and fish, eggs, etc. And certainly not with potatoes, rice, buckwheat and quinoa (?) probably not. But I don't know everything about it. Stay away from yeast-based stock cubes, gravies etc. Some breads are okay like probably chappatis etc. (Unleavened bread)

Is cheese not allowed? I don't know. As that has neither yeast nor sugar I can't see it would do much harm. You can actually make your own pizzas using a chapatti as a base! Then some sugar free tomato paste, cheese, and lots of veggies. But I am unsure about mushrooms. And I am unsure about processed meats like pepperoni etc.