Thread: What Is God?
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2018, 12:16 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnIXght
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the oversimplified title, but I wanted to hopefully grab your attention.

So, I grew a pretty strict Christian due to the fact that my dad was a preacher; however, as I got a little older there was something within me that did not sit well with that religion. The one question that caused my break from Christianity was,

"How is it unconditional love if I am expected to believe in someone I've never met or I will suffer for all of eternity?" Is that not a condition?

Anyways, that left me to wonder what God actually is. Well, I always loved calling our creator Father, mainly because my dad was really not a great fatherly role so I daydreamed of what a great father would be like. But I have come to realize that the creator is so much more.

My best understanding is that he/she/it created all that is with a certain set of laws and then allowed it to evolve it's own consciousness. Is this an accurate assessment?

I understand we will all perceive God in our own ways, but I just wanted to hear other's take or experiences with the Creator

I believe that everyone and everything is God - so there is nothing that is not God. I therefore don't see God as a separate enitity or isolated from who I am. As I too am God. As we all are

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking