View Single Post
Old 28-02-2018, 07:52 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Bye-sie-bye and hope you had a good day. Snow has descended on us in the UK and as usual, an inch (2.5cm) of it bring the country to a standstill (much to the pleasure of school kids whose schools are closed and they can and play in this horrid stuff)! Snow is such a bad 4-letter word I wouldn't be surprised if it was asterisked out in this post.

Hey Lorelyen! Yea it was a good day, planted some trees, and mulched some other trees, left some for the school kids to do, sometimes we have school kids visit and they learn about stuff, then began making plans to build a fence... no snow here it's kinda hot, yea a day off school makes kids happy, i was the same when i went there, i'd rather play in snow too, iv only seen snow once in my whole life though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Yeah it does happen - perhaps because of tradition: to have and to hold, kind of thing in traditional marriages. But some of us use the expression just to distinguish this boy or girl from others whom we know. Like "my b/f" is different because we've allowed each into the other's life, rather than the guys at the studio and elsewhere that I happen to know. I don't own him or him me, though we do try to influence each other in ways. There's no control on either side, just the usual implicit shared "rules" things like expectations of reliability.

It seems to work. Jeez, anyone wanting to own me must be crazy.

Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star
Whats wrong in saying ' My friend', 'My best friend, 'My pet', 'My child', " My colleague, 'My boss,' 'My teacher' " My student' .. I don't care to explain to those people who think saying 'My' or 'mine' is a big problem or is taking ownership of the other person in toxic terms.

Well, i never said there is anything wrong with it, i said its odd the way some people say it and behave with it, i didn't say it was toxic either... if you are talking to me btw it was just something i wrote kinda quickly without thinking to much into it really.

Call things what ever you like, i don't call cats an dogs pets i call them brothers an sisters for example, normally/often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star
Whatever that ownership means to them and their relationships. All that philosophy only looks good on paper for show to act cool and detached or seek more validation from others about one's own personal relationships by talking about them out of insecurity and challenging others sense of 'possession' .

'Mine' 'My' can also be from a place of trust/ affection and love. In real life yes we relate to each other, it's human nature. There isn't a separate branch of human beings who don't relate to people they love and separate themselves from those they grow up with or have family with except the saints maybe who never marry for life and they make that choice to not engage in partnerships for life. We relate more to people who we love, are close to or are family than someone we do not know. It's human nature to closely relate to one another or we will become like robots. We not going to call a stranger on street as 'mine'. Otherwise I will proudly introduce my loved one as someone I know, as in ' My friend '.

If you think i was challenging others or trying to act cool an seeking validation from others, i wasn't... i think i understand what your saying, i have said before on another thread that we can be intimately one with all of life an creation yet absolutely free from it at the same time, like knowing how a tv does not have the same fate as the characters on it's screen. So still doing/interacting with everyday things but you can see it like a play as well. this was on a thread about renunciation of the world or integration of it and i said on it how i felt like it's better to integrate which i think happens naturally anyway, in my experience anyway.

So im not disagreeing with you, we can look at things from the bigger picture and/or where it integrates. But yes i get what you are saying, if you have seen Jim Carey for example lately he has been on tv an stuff talking an acting in spiritual kinda ways but he says, like i have seen others do, someone asks them there name an they say something like/similar too "oh sorry i don't have a name" that is someone who has not integrated yet or maybe they have, we can know both at the same time.