View Single Post
Old 27-02-2018, 10:30 AM
Master
Whats wrong in saying ' My friend', 'My best friend, 'My pet', 'My child', " My colleague, 'My boss,' 'My teacher' " My student' .. I don't care to explain to those people who think saying 'My' or 'mine' is a big problem or is taking ownership of the other person in toxic terms. Whatever that ownership means to them and their relationships. All that philosophy only looks good on paper for show to act cool and detached or seek more validation from others about one's own personal relationships by talking about them out of insecurity and challenging others sense of 'possession' . 'Mine' 'My' can also be from a place of trust/ affection and love. In real life yes we relate to each other, it's human nature. There isn't a separate branch of human beings who don't relate to people they love and separate themselves from those they grow up with or have family with except the saints maybe who never marry for life and they make that choice to not engage in partnerships for life. We relate more to people who we love, are close to or are family than someone we do not know. It's human nature to closely relate to one another or we will become like robots. We not going to call a stranger on street as 'mine'. Otherwise I will proudly introduce my loved one as someone I know, as in ' My friend '.