View Single Post
Old 27-02-2018, 09:56 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
But if the person is just talking to another person or says they like another person does it have to a big deal? If two ppl where honest an trusting of each other an stuff....... anyway nvm I can't even finish what I wanted to say here fully cause I need to go to work.... by
Bye-sie-bye and hope you had a good day. Snow has descended on us in the UK and as usual, an inch (2.5cm) of it bring the country to a standstill (much to the pleasure of school kids whose schools are closed and they can and play in this horrid stuff)! Snow is such a bad 4-letter word I wouldn't be surprised if it was asterisked out in this post.

Quote:
also people say th is my MY boy friend or MY girlfriend, that's like saying MY property, they own them, they payed for them, you cannot touch, it's seems a bit odd to me when I hear it, not the having a girl friend an boy friend just that people think they own them.. instead of being together well some ppl say yes WE are together that's better.... sounds better.

Yeah it does happen - perhaps because of tradition: to have and to hold, kind of thing in traditional marriages. But some of us use the expression just to distinguish this boy or girl from others whom we know. Like "my b/f" is different because we've allowed each into the other's life, rather than the guys at the studio and elsewhere that I happen to know. I don't own him or him me, though we do try to influence each other in ways. There's no control on either side, just the usual implicit shared "rules" things like expectations of reliability.

It seems to work. Jeez, anyone wanting to own me must be crazy.